Wednesday 29 May 2013

Toughen up Princess

After recently reading the intrepid adventurers of sea and air of Francis Chichester, `The Lonely Sea and The Sky', followed by Robin Knox-Johnson's `A World of My Own',  I foolishly said I would never again complain about the weather on the east coast.
Those lone sailors endured through some horrific conditions and their resilience was amazing.
So who am I to buckle in the face of five days of constant strong wind with blasts of over 35 knots and a constant swell. With at least another two to three days of the same ahead. Nope, I am not going to complain.
At least we can periodically manoeuvre ourselves into the bucking dinghy and make our way to land.
This morning's bright spot was a rainbow making its way through the rain and cloud over Airlie Beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment